With a reputation for excellence built over many years and a core resource of more than 250 experienced engineers, sales and support staff working from 3 sites, Pacifica Group provides repair services, in and out of guarantee warranty products, spares warehousing and replacement services for a diverse section of the industry.
In a period of growth and acquisition, Pacifica Group has developed very successful specialist repair, training, and software products and has all of the skills needed to take care of every aspect of your business.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of Pacifica's values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice;
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water;
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources;
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner;
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture,
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders;
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation;
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
The policy statement will be regularly reviewed and update as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.
Methods we’ve introduced
We’ve introduced and implemented various innovative methods across the business to ensure we continue to protect the environment through our effective management systems, examples of methods used;
- Extended the lifespan of domestic products through effective appliance repairs and reducing the amount of end-of-life equipment entering the UK’s waste and recycling systems, sustaining “repair not replace” work ethic.
- Installed Energy Efficient appliances Nationwide, reducing carbon footprint, energy costs and raising environmental awareness for the consumer – resulting in excess of £5.25million pounds worth of Lifetime bill savings in the North East alone.
- Installed Electric Vehicle [EV] stations at our Head Office, promoting electric vehicle usage to employees.
- Installed Instant Boiling Water Taps [IBWT] throughout our Head Office, which improves efficiency in various ways - as the user can get instant access to the exact amount of hot water needed, this prevents electricity or water wastage, and increases production as the boiling water is instantaneous.
- Established an effective recycling partnership with GAP Waste, which results in 99.9% of Fridge components being recycled where the appliance is unable to be repaired, ultimately leading to materials being re-used in manufacturing.
- Encouraged “Home Working” across the business where practical, to reduce CO2 emissions from petrol / diesel vehicles and to assist on lowering our office Energy Output through the use of high-performance battery powered laptops.
- Introduced Electronic Quality Management Systems, which includes use of the latest most up-to-date, energy efficient I.T equipment and systems such as; iAuditor, Salesforce, Fixzone and EcoMaster – to reduce paper, ink and electricity consumption through the requirement of printing.
- Conducted Desktop Audits where practicable, to decrease traffic pollution, CO2 from exhaust emissions and increase productivity within the workplace.
- Maintained and sustained an effective Waste Management System, where old appliance components and new appliance packaging is segregated and recycled.
- Acquired Oakes Energy Services to support and deliver demanding volumes of renewable energy solutions across the Nation.
- Installed a 100kw Solar Panel System to our Warehouse roof.
- Introduced a new IT system (developed in-house), which has reduced the average miles travelled by a domestic appliance engineer - from over 100 miles per day down to below 80.
- Compiled and recycled all; cardboard, polystyrene and plastic collected during the operation of our Warehouse.