Conserve Efficient hot water taps
Efficient hot water taps are another simple measure that you can fit to your home that will save water and energy.
There are two main types of efficient hot water taps; Lower flow taps and Flow tap aerators and regulators.
Lower flow taps are complete tap units which work by reducing the flow rate that the tap produces.
Flow tap aerators and regulators are small devices which you fit to your existing taps or shower. Aerators work by using a mechanism which mixes air and water together to increase the flow of the shower . Regulators regulate the flow of water by using holes or filters and theses measures reduce the amount of water you are using without affecting the pressure.
Efficient hot water taps Advantages
- All efficient hot water taps reduce the amount of water you use.
- Installation is quick and easy and does not cause a lot of disruption.
- Flow tap aerators and regulators can be fitted to your existing taps easily and quickly.
- Lower flow taps can be purchased in a wide range of styles and finishes to suit your bathroom.
You can get grants for Efficient hot water taps, below are the schemes this is available with.
* According to data sourced from the Energy Saving Trust website.