Conserve Pipe work insulation
Insulating the pipe work between your hot water cylinder and boiler is a quick and simple way of using less fuel.
If you insulate your pipework the pipes will lose less heat and this will mean that your water will stay hotter for longer.
This easy fix just requires you to put foam tubes onto the outside of the pipework between your hot water cylinder and boiler and these tubes can be bought cheaply from all good DIY stores.
Pipe work insulation Advantages
- This is a quick and easy DIY job.
- Insulating foam tubes are cheap and easy to purchase.
- You will not need to use as much fuel to keep your water hot.
- Insulated pipes are much safer if you have small children as they will not be hot to touch.
You can get grants for Pipe work insulation, below are the schemes this is available with.
* According to data sourced from the Energy Saving Trust website.