Conserve Hard to treat roof insulation
If you have trouble accessing certain areas of your loft there are still ways that you can benefit from having them insulated.
There are professionals available who use specialist equipment to blow loose, fire-retardant insulation material made of cellulose fibre or mineral wool into the loft. This process doesn't usually take more than a few hours and is clean and maintenance free .
Hard to treat roof insulation Advantages
- reduce gas & electricity bills
- reduce your home's carbon footprint
- keep your house warmer in winter
- keep your house cooler in summer
- improve your home's energy efficiency rating
- reduce cold spots which uninsulated areas can cause
Hard to treat roof insulation Disadvantages
- this type of insulation will have to be undertaken by a professional specialist contractor
You can get grants for Hard to treat roof insulation, below are the schemes this is available with.
* According to data sourced from the Energy Saving Trust website.